Some of the important Airport related metrics that a typical dashboard should monitor are listed below
- Aircraft landing fee: The fee charged by the airport as landing fee per aircraft.
- Operating expenses: These are the costs incurred on the staff, repairs and maintenance, services per work load unit (1 work load unit= 1 passenger).
- Number of security checks: Number of security checks from which a passenger has to go through.
- Baggage mishandling: Percentage of bags mishandled by the airport staff.
- Check-in and immigration time: Average time it takes for checkin during international and domestic flight.
- National airspace system (NAS) delays: It refers to percentage delay of flights due to factors like heavy traffic volume, air traffic control.
- Air carrier delays: Percentage delay of flights due to factors like cleaning, fueling, baggage loading and unloading, etc.
- Number of runways: Number of runways for the airport
- Weather delays: Average weather delays
- Emergency measures: The security measures taken by the management to deal with emergency problems.
Noise level Average population that is exposed to unacceptable level of noise level.
Here is a Microstrategy Dashboard for Airports