Technician Utilization: Percentage of technician debriefed time of planned work
time. The system calculates this value using the following:
• Technician Utilization (for View By district) = (Debriefed Time / Planned Work
Time) * 100
• Technician Utilization (for View By task type) = (Time for the task types
debriefed by the technicians in the selected district / Planned Work Time for all
shifts of Field Service engineers working in the selected district) *100
Debriefed Time = Actual labor time debriefed + Actual travel time debriefed for
field service tasks
A task assignment’s actual end date is used to determine the reporting period. For
example, if the actual end dates for two task assignments are March 5 and March
8 and the selected date is March 6, then the system considers only the task that
ended on March 5.
Planned Work Time = Time of Arrival Task – Time of Departure Task
Planned work time is the shift time of a technician. If the departure and arrival tasks
are in different reporting periods, then the system reports the planned work time in
the period of the arrival task.
• Total Planned Time (Hours): The sum of the total planned work time of all the
Labor (Hours): The sum of the actual time spent on labor.
• Labor Utilization: The percentage of the labor time of the total planned time.
Labor Utilization = (Labor (Hours) / Total Planned Time) * 100
• Travel (Hours): The sum of the actual time spent on travel.
• Travel Utilization: The percentage of the travel time of the total planned time.
Travel Utilization = (Travel (Hours) / Total Planned Time) * 100